Maximum protection combined with an ideal fit: ORTOVOX freeride backpacks provide the ideal support in deep snow and demanding terrain. Take a closer look at the intelligent design of our freeride backpacks!
When should you use an ORTOVOX freeriding backpack?
Our freeriding backpack models make the perfect companions for downhill runs far from the madding crowd.
What size should my freeriding backpack be?
To ensure your freeriding backpack provides the best possible protection, it is important that it sits well. Therefore, ORTOVOX freeriding backpacks come in two different sizes: “S” (for “short”), and “R”.
Backpacks with an “S” in their name have shorter back systems and are especially suitable for people with short backs.
- If you are approx. 150–175cm tall with a back length of 36–44cm, we recommend a “short” (S) freeriding backpack.
- If you are approx. 170–195cm tall with a back length of 42–50cm, we recommend a “regular” (R) backpack.
This is how to find out which backpack size is right for you: Measure the length of your back from the 7th cervical vertebra (easy to feel on the back of your neck) to the top of your hip bone.
Find detailed information about how to determine your back length.
Optimal features: One backpack – many benefits
When it comes to freeride backpacks, we value high functionality and protection. See the many benefits of the ORTOVOX freeriding backpack series for yourself!
BENEFITS OF THE FREERIDING BACKPACKS FOR MEN AND WOMEN
Discover the many benefits and special features of ORTOVOX freeriding backpacks:
- Emergency card
- Chest strap with signal whistle
- Compression strap (except Powder Rider)
- Hydration system compatibility
- Ski and snowboard fastenings (D-Skifix)
- Hip belt: A comfortable hip belt for an optimal body-hugging fit – even when you’re in motion
- Safety equipment attachment
- Clear, bright color interior: A simple, consistent compartment structure and optimum use of the total volume
- Ice axe fastening (except Powder Rider)
- Helmet net
Find your ORTOVOX freeriding backpack!
Need more information? You’ll find useful links to information about ORTOVOX backpacks on our backpack service page.
Or try out our backpack advisor: It will help you find the model that’s right for you.