After expiry of the 5 year factory warranty, we recommend that your device is serviced, and thereafter every two (2) years.
WHAT IS DONE?
- Functional test on the transmitter and receiver
- Check seal and replace if necessary
- Check battery contacts and battery power and, if necessary, replace battery (new batteries will be charged separately, and the replaced batteries returned to you)
- Test earphone socket (earphones will not be tested)
- Visual check for cracks in the housing (if any cracks are detected, the avalanche transceiver must be replaced – see repair service)
- Affix sticker with the recommended inspection date
- Install latest update for the 3+, S1 and S1+ devices
If your transceiver needs to be repaired, it will be exchanged for a rebuilt device of the same model and year. This repair is intended for any 3+, S1+, S1, ZOOM+ f1 classic, f1 focus, m1 and m2:
What is done?
- totally new transmitting and receiving circuits
- new batteries
- new casing (not for m1 und m2)
- new contacts