Colour: arctic grey
THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS
Lightweight freeriding pants with softshell comfort and hardshell protection
• Smart mix of breathable softshell and protective hardshell material
• Lightweight and soft
• Small pack size
When the path to the best freeride powder slopes involves a short ascent with climbing skins, the MESOLA PANTS for men are completely in their element.
Thanks to their intelligent mix of breathable softshell and protective hardshell material, these lightweight freeriding pants provide exactly the performance that the relevant body parts require in the mountains. On the front thigh and lower leg, MERINO DEEP SHELL material with high-performance DERMIZAX® NX membrane provides reliable protection against wind and weather. The rear thigh, seat, hip and waist contain MERINO AIRSOLATION, a softshell material that is not only soft, breathable and wind- and water-resistant, but also provides huge freedom of movement.
Fine merino wool inside makes the jacket comfortable, provides a moisture- and climate-regulating effect, and prevents odors forming. Ventilation zippers at the sides, an adjustable waistband with optimized hook and loop fastener, spacious pockets, anatomically shaped knees and integrated gaiters contribute to the line’s comfort and high functionality.
But the MESOLA PANTS for men aren’t just highly functional: Their wide, casual cut and fresh colors also give them a very cool look. All this makes the PFC-free pants the perfect companions for freeriders who give their all, even during ascents.
Area of usage
Product features Product features
- Adjustable waistband with optimized hook and loop fastener
- Hardshell: Front thigh, calf
- Softshell: Rear thigh, seat, hip and waist
- Merino wool on your skin
- 1 hip pocket
- 1 thigh pocket with additional light carabiner (avalanche transceiver loss protection)
- Side ventilation zippers
- Anatomically shaped knee area
- Integrated gaiters
- Protection against sharp edges
- Loose fit
Material properties Material properties
- MERINO AIRSOLATION: high breathability, wind and water repellent, lightweight, high abrasion resistance, quick-drying, 2-way stretch material, merino wool on the skin
- MERINO DEEP SHELL: DERMIZAX ® NX (non-porous PU membrane - durable and easy-care), windproof and waterproof (min. 20,000 mm water column), 100% windproof, breathable (up to 32,000 g/m²/24h)
- DWR-FINISH - PFC-free: water and dirt run off
MAIN MATERIAL 1: 79% polyamide + 11% virgin wool (MERINO) + 10% elastane MAIN MATERIAL 2 OUTER: 100% polyamide MEMBRANE:100% polyurethane (Toray Dermizax® NX), INNER: 100% polyamide
Our sustainable MERINO WOOL comes from monitored, ethical sheep farms. It is comfortably soft, easy to care for, and provides an optimum body climate thanks to its moisture- and temperature-regulating properties.
TORAY DERMIZAX NX
DERMIZAX NX is a particularly elastic PU membrane made by TORAY, and provides protection in all weathers. It is wind- and waterproof yet offers high breathability, which increases the more you sweat.
BENEFITS MERINO WOOL
Our wool has its origins at the heart of a natural paradise: Tasmania. Where the air is at its purest, the food lush, and the climate moderate – that’s where fair merino wool that fulfils the highest quality standards can be found.
ORTOVOX WOOL PROMISE
Our commitment to fair wool: Our own wool standard ensures that our merino wool is sourced in an animal- and environmentally-friendly manner. Our friendly relationship with our farmers enables us to have full transparency throughout the value-added chain.