Data Privacy Statement
ORTOVOX Sportartikel GmbH (in the following: ORTOVOX) is firmly committed to data privacy. Therefore, as a matter of course, we strictly adhere to the legal regulations concerning the protection of data privacy (in particular German Privacy Act) and will do everything possible to ensure the privacy of your data. In addition, it is important to us that you know at any given time which data we store and how we use them. Please take a moment to read the following text informing you about the way we deal with your data. We reserve the right to revise the content of this data privacy statement from time to time, in particular to adapt it to new legal stipulations and technical development so that we can also safeguard data protection in the future. It is therefore advisable to regularly take note of our information and remarks concerning data processing.
§ 1 Personal Data
§ 2 Purpose of Collecting Personal Data
§ 3 Automatic Data Collection via Cookies, Sessions, and Logfiles
§ 4 Web-Analysis Tool - Google Analytics and Google Remarketing
§ 5 Social Media Plugins (Facebook, Google+, Instagram)
§ 6 Data Security
§ 7 Right of Withdrawal and Right to Information
§ 1 PERSONAL DATA
1. We collect, process and use your personal data only with your explicit consent, or if it is legally permitted. We will only collect, process, and use such personal data as are required for the implementation and utilization of our services and which you have made available to us on a voluntary basis.
2. Personal data are all data containing information about the personal or factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable person. This includes e.g. name, email address, residential address, gender, date of birth, telephone number and age.
§ 2 PURPOSE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
1. Your personal data will be processed only in the following circumstances:
- to answer your inquiries (name, email, address, telephone and/or fax number, order history);
- to identify you correctly (birthday, gender);
- to create a personal customer account, so that you can easily log in to our website with your chosen login and password (name, email);
- when taking part in competitions (name, email, address, telephone and/or fax number, outfit size, gender, language);
- when subscribing to the ORTOVOX Safety Academy and/or Safety Lab (name, email, address, telephone and/or fax number);
- when subscribing to a newsletter from ORTOVOX (if available) we will save your email address for advertising purposes of ORTOVOX until you have unsubscribed. The unsubscription is possible at any time by means of clicking the un-subscribe link in each newsletter. Unsubscription from ORTOVOX newsletter is free of charge.
The above-mentioned data is provided on a voluntary basis by the user him-/herself.
§ 3 AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION VIA COOKIES, SESSIONS AND LOGFILES
1. A cookie is a small text file stored in your browser cache and enabling an analysis of your use of our website. Cookies are used to make sure that your visit runs smoothly and for example enable us to greet you when visiting our site again or to provide you with tailored information. A session is a single session which will be saved on our server for a short period of time. Logfiles are created by the server and stored by us. They contain automatically generated logs of all or specific activities of processes on a computer system.
2. Except for your IP address, no data with relevance to data privacy, or personal data will be stored in the cookies, sessions and logfiles. Furthermore, these files cannot transfer viruses, spy on your computer, or send emails undetected. In addition, each webserver can only read out those cookies it placed itself.
3. The following data are automatically collected via cookies, sessions and logfiles when you call up our website:
Your internet address (IP address)/host name
Agent/browser type and version
Website you were referred from (referrer URL)
used Pages viewed on our website
Date and time
4. These data are stored separately from the data you provided voluntarily to ORTOVOX when contacting our company in the event of inquiries or subscribing to our newsletter. These data types are not linked.
6. Upon closing your browser, session cookies are immediately deleted and other cookies after one year. Cookies from Partners, such as Google (§ 4 and § 5) have a maximum term of 24 months.
§ 4 WEB ANALYSIS TOOL GOOGLE ANALYTICS
This Website uses Google Analytics and Google Remarketing. These are services of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google")
Google Analytics is a web analysis tool. Google Remarketing shows advertisements/ads when you have visited the website.
§ 5 SOCIAL MEDIA (Facebook, Google+, Instagram)
This website uses social plugins from Facebook, Google+ and Instagram:
This website uses facebook.com social plugins. These plugins are operated by: the companies Facebook Inc., Google Inc., und Instagram LLC.
Facebook is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
(“Facebook”). More information on the Facebook plugins you may find here:
Google+ is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA
94043, USA („Google“). More information on the Google plugins you may find here: developers.google.com/+/web/
Instagram is operated by Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
(„Instagram“). More information on the Instagram plugins you may find here:
When you access a website from our online content which contains such plugins, your browser connects directly to Facebook, Google and/or Instagram servers. The content of the plugin will be directly transferred from Facebook, Google+ and/or Instagram to your browser and then incorporated into the website.
By incorporating the plugins, Facebook, Google and/or Instagram is informed that you (including your IP-Address) have accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have an account or are not logged in. If you are logged in to Facebook, Google+ and/or Instagram, Facebook, Google+ and/or Instagram can then attribute your visit to your account. When you interact with plugins, for example by clicking the "Like" button or posting a comment or picture, the information is transferred from your browser directly to Facebook, Google+ and/or Instagram where it is saved in the USA.
The purpose and scope of data collection, the further processing and use of data by Facebook, Google and/or Instagram your rights regarding this, and security settings to protect your privacy can be found under the respective data protection information:
For Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
For Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388/
If you do not wish, that Google, Facebook and/or Instagram collect information about you via our website, please ensure that you log out of Facebook, Google+ and Instagram before accessing any of our online content. You may prevent loading from add-on plugins in your browser completely by means of using for example the script-blocker (http://noscript.net/).
§ 6 DATA SECURITY
1. We have taken organizational and technical security measures to protect your data, in particular against loss, manipulation and unauthorized access. We regularly adapt our security measures to continuous technical development.
2. We urge you to take all possible measures to protect your data while working on the internet. Adopt the habit of frequently changing your password. We recommend a password with a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters and to make sure that you use a safe SSL-capable browser for surfing the internet. If you are not the only person using your computer log out completely after using it, and never make your password known to third parties.
3. We use the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to encrypt your data on all websites where after registration personal data must be provided. SSL encryption masks your data before transmitting them to our server, in such a way that they cannot be reconstructed by third parties. This safeguards the privacy of your personal data.
4. Technical security data for ORTOVOX:
• Encryption of sensitive data transfer with SSL certificates by GMO Global Sign Ltd., Springfield House, Sandling Road, Maidstone, ME14 2 LP, UK.
• Server security: a firewall system protects our servers against attacks.
• An internal security system and authorization concept make sure that your sensitive data are not accessible to our employees unless they have a special authorization.
§ 7 RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL AND RIGHT TO INFORMATION
At any given time, you have the right to receive information, free of charge, about your data stored with us, as well as, if necessary, the right to have these data modified, blocked, or deleted.
In such cases please contact
ORTOVOX Sportartikel GmbH,
Rotwandweg 5, 82024 Taufkirchen, Germany
Tel: +49-(0) 89-666 74 0
Fax: +49-(0) 89-666 74 20
Responsible as defined by the Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (German Data Protection Act): ORTOVOX Sportartikel GmbH, Rotwandweg 5 – 82024 Taufkirchen – Germany.