EXTREMELY LIGHTWEIGHT AVALANCHE BACKPACK
The ASCENT 22 AVABAG is our extremely light avalanche backpack: including the AVABAG system (the airbag system developed by ORTOVOX) and cartridge, it weighs only 1950 grams.
The light and sensationally compact airbag system weighs in at just 690 grams*. Another special feature of the AVABAG system is the activation training: you can practice activating it again and again without the cartridge attached, so that you can be well prepared for an emergency situation.
One reason for the low weight of the ASCENT 22 AVABAG is the use of extremely light but abrasion-resistant materials such as 100D Robic Ripstop nylon. But this airbag backpack is not only light – it also provides a high level of wear comfort. The foamed 3D back system distributes the weight evenly between the hip fins and the lightly padded shoulder straps. Features such as a circular frontal zipper that provides quick access to your equipment, as well as a diagonal ski attachment, an ice axe holder and a rope fastening, make the backpack what it is: a technical, ultra-lightweight avalanche backpack for challenging ski tours.
*Weight fluctuations of +/- 4% may arise during manufacturing.
The advantages of the AVABAG system at a glance:
- extremely light and sensationally compact airbag system
- activation training without cartridge
- handle design optimized for activation: the handle can be gripped with any type of glove, and is suitable for both left and right-handed users
- removable and compatible with all ORTOVOX AVABAG backpacks
- no electronics
Scope of delivery for the ASCENT 22 AVABAG
Backpack including operating instructions and the AVABAG unit.
The AVABAG UNIT includes:
- activation unit
- activation handle
- pre-tension tool
- Snowboard and snowshoe attachment
- Bright Inside
- Access to main compartment: front
- Compression strap
- Hydration system compatible
- Water-resistant thanks to PU-coated material.
- Illustration of alpine emergency signals
- Ice axe and hiking pole fastening
- Removable helmet net
- Rope attachement
- Key holder
- Release grip height adjustable
Area of usage
A fast and safe diagonal ski fastener that offers plenty of wear comfort.
ACCESS TO MAIN COMPARTMENT
frontal 2-way zipper
ILLUSTRATION OF ALPINE EMERGENCY SIGNALS
Print (inside) shows you signals for emergencies.
for small items.
Ice axe and hiking pole loops
Light colors inside make it easier to find your equipment.
SNOWBOARD AND SNOWSHOE ATTACHMENT
Optimized, complete transport aid.
HYDRATION SYSTEM COMPATIBLE
Loop for drinking tube on the shoulder strap.
Safety leg strap
for the highest possible safety in the event of an avalanche.