FITS LIKE A GLOVE: THE FREERIDE AVALANCHE BACKPACK FOR WOMEN
Our extremely light avalanche airbag system, and a new TÜV-certified protector that adapts to the body and remains flexible even in the cold, make the FREE RIDER 20 S AVABAG the ultimate freeride backpack! The “S” in the name stands for short. All of our S-backpacks are primarily characterized by their significantly shorter back system, which makes them excellent for women, but also for men with short backs. What’s more, the hip and shoulder straps are also adapted to the female anatomy. In terms of features, nothing beats this avalanche backpack: the diagonal ski attachment guarantees quick and secure ski fastening, a separate security compartment ensures quick access to emergency equipment, the attached helmet net is fixed in a zipped compartment and, thanks to the broad hip belt, the airbag backpack sits perfectly. With the AVABAG avalanche airbag system, activation training can be practiced again and again without a cartridge attached. After all, in the case of an emergency, every move has to be just right! If conditions allow, you can also remove the airbag system, giving you an extra usable volume.
*Weight fluctuations of +/- 4% may arise during manufacturing.
The advantages of the AVABAG system at a glance:
- extremely light and sensationally compact airbag system
- activation training without cartridge
- handle design optimized for activation: the handle can be gripped with any type of glove, and is suitable for both left and right-handed users
- removable and compatible with all ORTOVOX AVABAG backpacks
- no electronics
Scope of delivery for the FREE RIDER 20 S AVABAG
Backpack including operating instructions and the AVABAG unit.
The AVABAG UNIT includes:
- activation unit
- activation handle
- pre-tension tool
- Locking clasp (hip belt)
- Safety leg strap
- Chest strap with signal whistle
- Snowboard and snowshoe attachment
- Ice axe and hiking pole loops
- Bright Inside
- Water-resistant zipper
- Separate safety compartment
- Helmet net
- Big Hip belt
- Access to main compartment: front
- Hip pocket
- Compression strap
- Hydration system compatible
- Water-resistant thanks to PU-coated material.
- Illustration of alpine emergency signals
- Ice axe and hiking pole fastening
- Key holder
- Fixed helmet net
- Practical easy-access compartment
- SOS emergency information
- Key holder
- SPS Flex back protector
- Release grip height adjustable
Area of usage
SNOWBOARD AND SNOWSHOE ATTACHMENT
Optimized, complete transport aid.
ICE AXE AND HIKING POLE LOOPS
Fixed in a zipped compartment; optimized fastening.
Separate safety compartment
Quick access to emergency equipment.
HYDRATION SYSTEM COMPATIBLE
Loop for drinking tube on the shoulder strap.
ILLUSTRATION OF ALPINE EMERGENCY SIGNALS
Print (inside) shows you signals for emergencies.
WIDE HIP BELT
Wide and elasticated, for an optimal body-hugging fit, even when in motion.
Chest strap with signal whistle
Height and angle are adjustable.
Safety leg strap
for the highest possible safety in the event of an avalanche.
Provides the highest possible safety and ease of use.
SPS Flex back protector
TÜV-certified protector made from visco-elastic foam that adapts to the body and remains flexible even in the cold.
EMERGENCY CARD (inside)
For improved accident procedures.