The 3+ is the only device on the market with which you can increase your own safety!
It comes with the technical requirements for updates – The following has changed since the introduction:
CURRENT SOFTWARE VERSION 2.2.
- Rectifying the possible disruption of the transmission function caused by software version 2.1.
Updates from software version 2.0:
- Improved intuitive search sound and clear acoustic feedback when flagging
- Improved coarse search: Earlier direction indication
- Earlier fine search: Sound at 3.0m, tendency display at 2.5m
- Self-Test / Partner-Check: Warning is displayed as „EE“
- Indication of transmitting antenna in first 20 seconds (Smart Antenna)
SOFTWARE VERSION 2.1
Note: In some very rare situations temporary disruption of the transmission function may occur on our 3+ avalanche transceivers running software version 2.1. These devices may no longer be used without the required software update (version 2.2).
All information about the precautionary recall can be found here: www.ortovox.com/recall-3plus
- Simultaneous and faster initial display of direction, distance and sound
- Greater backward compatibility with analog devices
- Acoustic warning 10 seconds before the automatic switchover to transmitting
- Acoustic warning if the device is switched on but has remained stationary for 30 minutes (switch-off reminder)
Our Safety Dealers have the necessary hardware for updating our beacons. You can locate your nearest Safety Dealer here.
If you want to receive information about future updates, register your beacon here.