WESTALPEN SOFTSHELL PANTS M
Colour: blue lake
This product was manufactured under fair working conditions in conformity with Fair Wear Foundation.
The wool used in this product has been inspected for compliance with the ORTOVOX WOOL PROMISE.
This product was made in Europe. As such we support regional expertise, eliminating long transport routes.
Highly breathable softshell pants for alpinists
Very robust, technical softshell pants with integrated gaiters for high alpine tours
- Water and wind-resistant and highly breathable
- Particularly robust thanks to technical MERINO NATURETEC RIPS inserts in high-stress areas
- Fine merino wool on the inside
- Integrated gaiters with Dyneema loops
Mighty glacial crevasses, combined rock and ice terrain and impressive summits: On alpine tours, we need clothing that is adaptable and that we can 100% rely upon. This is exactly where our WESTALPEN SOFTSHELL line comes into play: A combination of scuff-resistant MERINO NATURETEC RIPS inserts, NATURETEC LIGHT material and fine merino wool on the inside makes this line robust, breathable and comfortable.
What’s special about the WESTALPEN SOFTSHELL high-alpine touring pants for men is the QUICK-GAITER system, which completely replaces gaiters: This hem adjustment developed by ORTOVOX can be easily and quickly adjusted in three steps and fits seamlessly over mountaineering boots. The fastening straps for under your mountaineering boots are made of abrasion-resistant Dyneema material and allow for neat, easy storage when not in use. Thanks to additional features such as ventilation zippers and abrasion-resistant schoeller® inserts for protection against sharp edges, our WESTALPEN SOFTSHELL high-alpine touring pants for men can be adapted to all situations and weather conditions. Merino mesh inserts at the adjustable waistband make the pants even more comfortable.
Area of usage
- water repellent
- 2 hip pockets
- Inserts made from MERINO NATURETEC RIPS
- Adjustable waistband
- ORTOVOX suspenders (optional)
- Regular Fit
- Merinoprene insert at the back of the waistband
- Anatomically shaped and reinforced knee area
- Merino mesh inserts at waistband
- Ventilation zippers
- Protected against sharp edges by schoeller®
- QUICK-GAITER System
- 1 thigh pocket
- MERINO NATURETEC LIGHT material Elastic and breathable
- MERINO NATURETEC RIPS material Particularly robust
- High scuff resistance thanks to schoeller® inserts (>100,000 abrasion cycles in the Martindale test)
- High Breathability
- Water-resistant thanks to DWR treatment
- wind resistant
- Merino inside
MERINO NATURETEC RIPS: 85% polyamide + 9% wool (MERINO) + 6% elastane | NATURETEC LIGHT: 75% polyamide + 18% wool (MERINO) + 7% elastane schoeller® | INSERTS: 92% polyamide + 8% elastane
Our sustainable MERINO WOOL comes from monitored, ethical sheep farms. It is comfortably soft, easy to care for, and provides an optimum body climate thanks to its moisture- and temperature-regulating properties.
SCHOELLER®-NATURETEC is a weatherproof softshell combination of fine MERINO WOOL and durable polyamide. It is elastic and comfortably soft, and its high breathability provides a good body climate.